If a narcissist says, “I love you,” it has a whole different meaning.
Does this sound familiar? (Taken from articlesbrain.com)
When I say “I love you, I really mean,”
- I love how hard you work to make me feel important and that I’ll never be expected to do the same.
- I love the power I have to take advantage of your kindness and make you feel small and insignificant.
- I love thinking of you as weak, vulnerable and gullible.
- I love the way I feel never discussing what you want to discuss.
- I love making you feel crazy.
- I love raising my expectations of you while having you lower your expectations of me.
- I love how you alleviate my pain and I make you feel like you will never be good enough.
- I love feeling like you are my property I own, my possession.
- I love how you enhance my status in the eyes of others.
- I love how you work hard to prove your love and devotion to the almighty me.
- I love how I love myself through you and I love hating you because of my neediness of having to rely on you.
- I love how I feel when I blame you because it protects me from something I hate to admit.
- I love that you help me keep my illusion of power alive in my mind.
- I love teaching you that needing closeness is for the weak.
- I love making you flustered over failing to get what you want from me.
- I love taunting you with your own words later so that you keep spinning your wheels.
- I love dismissing you until you have learned your lesson and know your lot in life is to please me with no opinions of your own.
- I love making you feel insecure by giving attention to other women and make you beg for the same attention.
- I love throwing a few crumbs your way when you want to leave me only to get you back to abuse you longer.
- I love charming you that I will change. Deceit is my game and I’m the best at it.
- I love using you as a punching bag in order to make myself feel good and you bad about yourself. See how this works?
- I love controlling your mind and your beliefs.
- I love that no matter how hard you beg for my love, it won’t happen as long as I’m in control.
- I love shifting the conversation onto what’s wrong with you because you don’t make me feel loved enough!
- I love reminding you of how much I’ve done for you and how ungrateful you are.
- I love manipulating others’ opinions of you so I look like the good guy and you the bad guy.
- I love how easy it is to say “NO!” to you and keep your focus on me.
- I love being your drug of choice you have to have no matter how poorly I treat you.
- I love that the longer you stay the more you will lose what you value the most.
- I love to isolate you and I love making you mistrust others so you feel like nobody else would put up with you, but me.
- I love that you keep telling me that I hurt you, because this tells me that my tactics are effective.
- I love that I will remain a mystery that you will never solve.
Ladies (and men), there is no mystery. You have all the knowledge you need right here.